Microsoft SQL Server 2008 for DummiesBook - 2008
If you’re a database administrator, you know Microsoft SQLServer 2008 is revolutionizing database development. Get up tospeed on SQL Server 2008, impress your boss, and improve yourcompany’s data management — read Microsoft SQLServer 2008 For Dummies!
SQL Server 2008 lets you build powerful databases and createdatabase queries that give your organization the information itneeds to excel. Microsoft SQL Server 2008 For Dummies helpsyou build the skills you need to set up, administer, andtroubleshoot SQL Server 2008. You’ll be able to:
- Develop and maintain a SQL Server system
- Design databases with integrity and efficiency
- Turn data into information with SQL Server ReportingServices
- Organize query results, summarizing data with aggregatefunctions and formatting output
- Import large quantities of data with SSIS
- Keep your server running smoothly
- Protect data from prying eyes
- Develop and implement a disaster recovery plan
- Improve performance with database snapshots
- Automate SQL Server 2008 administration
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 For Dummies is a great firststep toward becoming a SQL Server 2008 pro!
Baker & Taylor
Looks at the features and functions of SQL Server 2008, covering such topics as creating databases, protecting data, and administering a SQL Server system.